Ideation & UX Design for your IoT Solution
Every design project is individual.
That's why we adapt our Ideation and Design Workshops according to your needs.
With our design development workshops, ideas can be generated and tested quickly. We pursue a holistic and user-centred approach.
The procedure is iterative: the design process is usually spread over several days.
Conceptual flexibility ensures that highly individualized products are manufactured cost-effectively. Our team of experts will help to work out the technical feasibility and economic efficiency.
Procedure of our design developments
Together with our customers we develop digital as well as physical IoT products and solutions. Depending on the requirements and the status of the project idea we offer different workshops.
However, we generally follow the following basic process in product development:
Research & Analysis
First and foremost, it is about understanding the problem and bringing everyone to the same level of knowledge.
The requirement profile for the design is based on the following content points:
- Formulation of corporate goals
- Analysis of the market situation and competitive products
- Definition of the persona and their needs
brainstorming & conception
In the creative second phase, a brainstorming session takes place on a broad scale:
- Development of features, solutions and design variants: For this purpose, all ideas that the team has in mind are put on paper - by means of terms and sketches or digital wireframes
- Clustering of emerging themes
- Critical discussion & breaking the brainstorming down to the most important ideas
Which idea comes into the prototype phase?
This is where capabilities and goals are discussed that may influence this decision.
- Documentation of user interaction in a step-by-step process using storyboards and user stories
- Creation of first design drafts
- Effective evaluation of the design and incorporation of further improvements
Construction of the first prototype
Now the first prototype is being built. This represents a largely functional model with the final functionality and appearance. Depending on the project, this can be
- a digital clickable prototype
- or a prototype produced by additive manufacturing processes (laser cutting, 3D printing)
This can then be tested and the mechanical elements can be checked and optimized for functionality.
After final testing and evaluation in the prototype phase, a data set is created which is adapted for the corresponding manufacturing process.
We use proven methods from Design Thinking and Event Storming.
We define user stories, customer requirements and analyze required hardware and software.
Subsequently, a decision can be made about the production of a product.
Your contact person
CEO & Founder
Robert Jänisch is CEO and Co-Founder of IOX, the development partner for products in the Internet of Things (IoT) area. The certified IT business manager has been working in the IT industry for more than 20 years and has been responsible for various digital transformation projects for companies in the areas of system management, IT processes and service management.
Extract of our customers
Our end-to-end service
We deliver the complete development of your IoT prototype or product from one source.
Our team of experts consists of designers, hardware, software, IoT and app developers, electrical engineers and product owners, who all work hand in hand. This enables us to develop your complete solution in-house.
We accompany you throughout the entire development process: from the brainstorming and design process, through the hardware and software development of the frontend and backend, to the ongoing operation.
Our Competence Fields: